Gulf News, 2nd Apr 2020
Keeping a healthy immune system is always important, but now more than ever, we need to give it that extra boost. Filling our bodies with nutrient-rich food helps us fight off bacteria and viruses. With residents encouraged to stay indoors, convenience foods and binge-watching box sets have never looked more tempting. However, it’s doubly important to maintain a healthy and balanced diet and ensure you are getting enough nutrients and vitamins from your food during the days spent indoors.
Barakat has a wide variety of the freshest and healthiest fruit, vegetables, freshly squeezed juices and more to cater for your daily nourishment. With free contactless delivery of online orders in the UAE, Barakatfresh.ae promises the best quality and affordable prices on colourful, vitamin-filled fresh groceries. There has never been a better time to order the best of fresh online.
Here are some top tips on superfoods that we should all try and eat more of to step up our immunity game:
– Oranges and other citrus fruits are a great squeeze thanks to their richness in vitamin C, vitamin A and folate, which stimulates the production and functioning of white blood cells to destroy foreign bacteria and viruses. Barakat’s orange juice is a blend of more than one origin making it perfect to get the vitamins without any preservatives or added sugar.
– Carrots and other orange foods contain carotenoids that play a vital role in protecting the gut, eyes and respiratory passages. They also contain iron and zinc which are critical to the immune system, so be sure to load up on foods in the sunny colour.
– Spice things up by incorporating ingredients such as ginger, garlic and turmeric into your meals, all of which can help fight viruses with their antioxidant properties or simply go for the healthy shots that Barakat has to offer.
– Eat your greens to provide a great source of zinc for the body. Vegetables such as spinach and broccoli contain vitamin E which works as an antioxidant and neutralises harmful infections.
– Mushrooms can provide a great source of vitamin D for the body, which helps to produce antibodies that fight inflammation, infections and viruses.
Barakat has the best balance of quality, convenience and variety, with the added ease of shopping online at www.barakatfresh.ae. Plus, it has numerous enticing offers on the freshest produce of the day and provide good value for money to protect your health. Get your groceries delivered straight to your doorstep and strengthen your immunity with tasty fresh juices, booster shots, fresh fruits and vegetables, all from the convenience of your home. Stay home, stay healthy and order online on www.barakatfresh.ae now. #LiveFresh #LiveHealthy